Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wyoming and Montana


As I mentioned last Sunday, we traveled to Casper, Wyoming.  We found Wyoming to be quite mountainous to travel through and very windy.  We quickly realized that we could not keep any of our awnings out during our stay.  My first full day in Casper, I decided to explore the town a little and visited the Fort Caspar Museum.  I learned a lot about the history of Wyoming and found this Fort to be part of the Oregon Trail.  In addition to the museum building they also had an area of the reconstructed fort showing a quite accurate display of what daily life would have been like.  I actually spent a couple of hours at this museum.







Glad my kitchen in the motor home is more user-friendly than this one!




The next day I visited three different museums and enjoyed each one even though they were quite different.  I started with the Tate Geological Museum, which is housed on the grounds of Casper College.  I then toured the Werner Wildlife Museum where I learned about the wildlife indigenous to Wyoming.  I finished my day at the Veterans Memorial Museum, which covered everything from World War 1 through Desert Storm.

Me and Dee, the Mammoth


We traveled from Casper, Wyoming to Billings, Montana. Once we familiarized ourselves with the area, we found time for the following:

A round of golf at Yegen Golf Club
A driving tour of the Rimrocks (a range of rocks that form a ridge around the town)
A tour of Moss Mansion
A visit to the Pictograph Caves

Golf at Yegen Golf Club

The Rimrocks

The Moss Museum



There were quite a few options of things to visit in the Billings area and these were just a few of the spots.

Today, we traveled from Billings to Missoula still in Montana and can’t wait to start exploring.  The scenery between the two cities is filled with mountain ranges (some snow-capped) with meandering rivers along the route.  I think this is the most picturesque state so far with Colorado coming in a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment