Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Boiled Lobster

While touring the Spokane, Washington area, I found a local supermarket called Yokes Fresh Market which was a real gem of a store.  I have been amazed at the variety of local grocers offering all kinds of organic produce and meats.  The Yokes I visited had a one day special of Maine lobsters at $11.99 per pound.  I realize this was no bargain but it was live Maine lobsters.  I simply boiled it in sea salted water and served it with clarified butter.  To me that is the way to have lobster.

I served this with a Caesar Salad (without the croutons).



Boiled Lobster
Makes 1 serving

1 lobster (1 1/4 - 2 pounds)
3 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons clarified butter, melted

Fill a large pot with water (at least 3 quarts of water) and bring to a boil.  Add salt and stir to dissolve.  Plunge lobster in boiling water, head first and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on size.  Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from water.

Serve with melted, clarified butter.


My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment