Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Coconut Cod with Mango Salsa

I love it when I find a local market with some good looking (and smelling) fresh fish.  Really fresh fish should smell like the ocean and not very fishy.  The cod I bought was nice and fresh.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper and coated it with coconut flour and simply sauteed them in coconut oil.  I sauteed them over medium heat on each side until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side).  I rounded out the tropical feel by topping it with a mango salsa.  Our sides were pureed cauliflower and oven roasted broccoli.



Coconut Cod with Mango Salsa
Makes 2-3 servings

3/4-1 pound cod fillets
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons coconut oil

For the salsa
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
1/4 cup finely diced red onion (I used white since that's what I had on hand)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Prepare salsa, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let flavors blend.

Season fish with salt and pepper and coat with coconut flour.  Melt coconut oil in saute pan over medium heat and saute fish for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown.  Serve topped with the mango salsa.


Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment