Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thai Red Curry Sausage

If you follow my blog at all, you know how much I love Thai food.  If you don't follow my blog, you will now realize how much I love Thai food and Italian Sausage.  I knew I had to try this recipe when I realized that it combined two of my favorite food profiles: Thai and Italian.  This recipe included Italian sausage combined with a red sauce made from sauteed vegetables, Red Curry Paste, tomato paste and canned coconut milk to produce a mouth-watering dish.  I served this mixture with brown rice.



Thai Red Curry Sausage
Makes 4 servings

1 tablespoon pastured butter, ghee, or bacon fat
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package of Italian sausage or sugar free beef franks
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1 cup unsweetened original coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper

Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

Add the onions, and cook until they are translucent.  Add the garlic and sausage.  Turn down to medium heat and saute for 6-7 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
 
Stir in the tomato paste, red curry paste, and the coconut milk.  Simmer until thickened.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Slightly adapted from My Living Nutrition

Our rating:

1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment