Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Paleo Barbecued Ribs

Ribs are such a summertime food and when the weather starts consistently hitting the 80's, I start craving ribs.  I know that so many people like to grill them, but I have found the oven to be the perfect tool for turning out consistent, perfectly cooked ribs.  I roast the ribs, simply seasoned with salt and pepper, in a roasting pan for an hour.  I then smother them with barbecue sauce and roast again for 20 minutes.  I slather again and roast for another 25 minutes and this gives me perfect ribs every time.



I served these with grilled corn on the cob (another craving, since it's not one of our recommended vegetables), and broccoli slaw.  This meal is summer on a plate.



Paleo Barbecued Ribs
Makes 2 servings

1 pound ribs (I used pork baby back)
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

For the Sauce:
15 ounce tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons raw honey
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon ground onion powder
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Start with the barbecue sauce by placing all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and stir to combine.  Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, cut ribs into two manageable size pieces, season with salt and pepper and place in roasting pan.  Roast for 1 hour.

Slather ribs with some of the barbecue sauce and roast for another 20 minutes.  Slather again with sauce and roast for another 25 minutes.

Serve with remaining barbecue sauce in a bowl.


Adapted from Paleo Cupboard

Our rating:

1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment