Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunday's Pan Roasted Halibut

On Sunday night, we had Steph and David and Zeb and Andrew over for dinner. I made pan roasted Halibut with Pesto Butter which I have made a couple of times in the past couple of months because it is so good.

I started by making the Pesto butter, by combining softened, unsalted butter, with fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan, toasted Pine nuts, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes in a food processor until smooth. I wrapped the butter in plastic wrap and refrigerated until needed.

The halibut fillets were brushed with melted butter and seasoned with salt and pepper before being dredged in Panko bread crumbs. The panko-crusted fillets went into a hot skillet for 3 minutes before being flipped and topped with halved grape tomatoes and the entire pan went in a hot oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking the fish.

I served home-style fries and sweet potato home fries along with citrus scented brussels sprouts.

I had picked up a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie at the grocery store which I popped in the oven when we sat down to eat dinner so it was nice and warm when we were done which I served with vanilla ice cream.

A very nice dinner!

1 comment: