Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Meatless Monday Indian Style


I was still craving Indian spices after Saturday's menu and so I decided to go that route tonight. I used recipes from Bal Arneson's Spice Goddess show on the Cooking Channel.

We had Grilled Vegetables with Tofu and Indian Potato Salad. I started with the marinade for the vegetables and tofu by crushing lots of garlic and combining it with ground cumin, ground coriander, grapeseed oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Some large chunks of red bell pepper, spears of asparagus, portobello mushrooms, and slices of extra-firm tofu got dipped in the marinade before going on the grill to cook.

I also made Indian potato salad, which is not really a potato salad as we know it, since it is served hot. I started it by sauteeing chopped onions and garlic in some grapeseed oil for a few minutes. I then added the spice mixture of cumin seeds, brown mustard seeds, turmeric, cardamom seeds, dried curry leaves and a pinch of salt which was stirred and cooked for another minute. I added quartered baby red potatoes, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and water and allowed this mixture to cook until the potatoes were tender and the sauce was cooked down to just coat the potatoes.

Gerry and I give this meal

No comments:

Post a Comment