Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chef's Salad

On Thursday, I took care of Emma all afternoon and we enjoyed the local pool, since our pool was awaiting service. We went to the pool as soon as I finished lunch and came home just before 5:00 p.m. Since we were gone all afternoon, I planned on something quick and cool for dinner. I hard-boiled a couple of eggs while I chopped up some romaine lettuce. I added some peeled and cubed fresh cucumber, some slivers of deli roasted turkey breast, cubes of cheddar cheese and finally some wedges of fresh tomatoes and wedges of hard-boiled eggs.

I made a honey-mustard vinaigrette and drizzled it all over the salad and dinner was ready.

Of course, Emma enjoyed her Amy's Macaroni and Cheese (I can't wait until she outgrows this stage; and yet I always have her Amy's available - a grandmother's dilemma).

No comments:

Post a Comment