Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Monday's Grilled Vegetable Panini

This is a Giada de Laurentiss recipe and I really enjoyed it but find I cannot call it a panini. This is more of a sandwich served on a baguette than a panini which is grilled with a weight to melt everything together.

It started with a Japanese Eggplant that was sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices along with zucchini and red onion slices. The sliced vegetables were drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and grilled until tender.

Meanwhile I had cut a baguette into 6" lengths and brushed each side with Basil Pesto. I stacked some of the grilled eggplant, zucchini rounds and red onion slices. I added some roasted red peppper slices, sliced fresh mozzarella, and fresh tomato slices all sprinkled with a little salt and pepper.

Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment