Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday - Quiche Lorraine


Sunday afternoon I really did not feel like going to the market, so I raided the refrigerator to see what I could pull together. I had a package of bacon, 4 oz. of Swiss cheese, some heavy cream and plenty of eggs. I also had an onion on hand and so Quiche Lorraine became dinner.

I pulled together a pie crust, sauteed the bacon and crumbled it into the bottom of the crust. I added the shredded Swiss cheese and some chopped onions. I whipped together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper and a little cayenne pepper; poured it over the ingredients in the pie crust and popped it in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. I reduced the oven temp to 300 and baked it for another 30 minutes. After resting for 10 minutes it was ready and dinner was done.

1 comment: