Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comfort Food


We went to an old family favorite for dinner tonight; Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze, which we haven't had in a while. My favorite grocery store had Sockeye Salmon on sale this week and since today was the last day of the sale, it sounded perfect.

I started dinner by drizzling some olive oil over red potatoes and seasoning with salt and pepper. An hour in a hot oven shaking the pan occasionally totally took care of the starch component of dinner.

I then moved on to the glaze for the salmon by melting some brown sugar with honey and unsalted butter. Once melted I whisked in Dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and freshly grated ginger. I set the sauce aside and allowed it to cool.

I had some leftover green beans, so I decided to blanch them and then reheat them in a saute pan with some butter and salt and pepper to finish them off right before dinner.

Gerry grilled the salmon covered with the sauce on a sheet of aluminum foil and voila - dinner was ready.

This is a classic family favorite and one that we go to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment