Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday Night Dinner Out

On Friday, I came home after work to clean the house (downstairs at least). In the middle of cleaning, I got a frantic phone call from Gerry at 5:10 saying we had a showing for the house sometime between 5:30 and 6:30. I quickly put all my cleaning supplies away, straightened up what I had moved during cleaning and was ready to leave at 5:25, when the doorbell rang. Rather than try to run out the back door, I decided to answer the front door to find a realtor that was doing a preview for her clients. After her walkthrough, I finished cleaning and decided we were going out for dinner.

We went to Ziziki's Pita Grill, which is a Mediterranean restaurant with a heavy Greek infuence. I loved the ambiance and the location of this restaurant. The food was wonderful as well.

I started with the Mediterranean Salad, which consisted of fresh cucumber, fresh tomatoes, red onions, lots of roasted cloves of garlic, olives, chunks of feta cheese, all topped with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Yum!! Gerry had the Greek Salad which was green lettuce, topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions, topped with feta cheese and Kalamata olives and dressed with a Basil Vinaigrette. There was not one drop of the dressing left when Gerry was done!

For our entrees: I had Chicken Souvlaki, which is marinated, grilled chicken skewers, served on a fresh grilled pita bread, covered in ziziki sauce and served with Roasted Potato Wedges and a fresh tomato salad. I love to order Souvlaki when I go to a Greek restaurant because it brings back fond memories of food enjoyed in Greece.

Gerry feasted on a Rack of Lamb covered in a Mushroom sauce and served with Mashed Potatoes. Gerry rounded out his dinner with Tiramisu which he thought was fabulous.

I was already content with what I had eaten and decided to pass on dessert.

I am looking forward to trying this restaurant again!

No comments:

Post a Comment