Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wednesday Night Chicken

Dinner on Wednesday was Sauteed Chicken with a Tarragon-Cream Sauce, Brown Butter Beans, and toasted bread slices.

I started by seasoning some boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper before dredging them in flour. The chicken breasts were sauteed until lightly browned on both sides, and removed from the pan. I covered them with foil to keep them warm.

Into the same skillet, I added mushrooms, cut in half and slivers of prosciutto and cooked until the mushrooms softened and began to brown. I added equal amounts of chicken broth and heavy cream and the browned chicken pieces went back in. This was allowed to simmer for about 10 minute until the sauce slightly thickened. I added some minced fresh tarragon and a splash of cider vinegar and allowed it to cook for a minute.

Meanwhile, I blanched some haricots verts for the side dish. I then melted some unsalted butter in a saute pan and waited for it to turn golden brown before adding some minced garlic and cooking for about 30 seconds. I added some fresh lemon juice and finally the blanched green beans were tossed in. The final touch was seasoning with salt and pepper.

The last component was a slice of toasted bread which I did in the oven until golden brown.

A simply delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment