Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Antipasto Salad


I dropped Gerry off at the airport at 11:00 this morning, ran an errand, came home to decorate the Christmas tree, and planned my menu. I plan my menu for the week and then make my grocery list for what I need for the week. The only thing I don't by in advance is my fish since I like to buy it the day I plan on cooking it. I did the grocery shopping for the week and decided to keep dinner simple.

Since I so enjoyed the salad the salad I made the other night, I decided to make another for myself using the leftover supplies I had on hand. I chopped up romaine lettuce, diced some hard salami, sliced some pepperoni, cubed some provolone cheese, added some sliced roasted red peppers, halved some cherry tomatoes, and tossed in some olives. I tossed all of this with some of my leftover Best Salad Dressing in the World. I also toasted a couple of slices of a baguette, drizzled with some olive oil and once golden, rubbed them with a sliced garlic clove. I thoroughly enjoyed my very simple dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment