Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Simple Crab Salad

Happy Mother's Day!  This recipe made a nice lunch for my mother's day celebration.  Crab is a relatively recent food love for me.  I used to love to order crab cakes when out at restaurants but only if I knew someone who recommended them from that particular establishment, until I figured out the best places to buy packaged fresh lump crabmeat.  Now I love all things crab.  I love this particular recipe because you start with a luscious ingredient and simply toss it with a few other ingredients to create a wonderfully satisfying lunch.  Beautiful ingredients simply treated make some of the best meals.



Simple Crab Salad
Makes 2 servings

8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat (I got mine at Costco)
1 scallion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3-4 cups mixed baby salad greens
Extra virgin olive oil
Halved grape tomatoes
1 small avocado, cubed
Lemon wedges

Pick through the crabmeat in a bowl making sure there are no bits of shell.   Add red peppers, scallions, mayonnaise and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.  Mix everything to combine, add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.  Toss salad greens with remaining lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil just to moisten the lettuce.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Divide salad between two plates top with crabmeat and garnish with tomatoes and avocado cubes.  Serve with lemon wedges.


Slightly adapted from Nom Nom Paleo

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment