Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hawaiian Pulled Pork

I recently invested in a new 4.5 pound crock pot since the one I used to have was huge and impractical for just the two of us.  I broke in the new crock pot by making this pulled pork.  I'm amazed at how good it turned out since it had 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper.  It could not have been easier to throw together.  My sides were mashed sweet potatoes and a summer squash saute.



Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Makes 6-8 servings

3-4 pounds pork shoulder (also called pork butt)
1 18 ounce can crushed or cubed pineapple (in water)
2 tablespoons grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon dry)

Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides.  Put the pork in a crock pot.  Pour the pineapple on top with all the liquid.  Add the ginger.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Remove the pork, shred it with two forks and add the shredded meat back into the juices in the crock pot.

Recipe from TGI Paleo

Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment