Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sweet Corn Soup

I made this on Saturday for my daughter's birthday lunch at her request and it turned out great. I have never had this soup but it was a favorite for Val at Chili's so I tried to recreate it for her. She assured me that this was pretty close and I thought it was a really good soup so here it is.



Copycat Chili's Sweet Corn Soup
Adapted from RecipeSecrets.net

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
1 medium potato, chopped coarsely
1/4 cup heavy cream
White pepper
Plain corn chips (optional)
Ground black pepper (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (optional)

Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over medium heat until soft.

Add the stock, creamed corn and potato. Bring to a boil then simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.

Blend or process the soup until smooth adding white pepper to taste.

Return the soup to the same pan then stir in the remaining corn and cream. Stir over low heat until corn is tender.

Serve soup topped with any or all of the optional ingredients.


My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment