Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Applesauce Muffins

I decided to blog about my breakfast since it was so good. For this week's Vegan Thursday, I started my day with a Mango Tango Smoothie and an applesauce muffin that I had stashed away in the freezer from a couple of weeks ago. It was a fabulous way to start the day.

Here is my menu for the day:

Breakfast - Mango Tango Smoothie, Applesauce Muffin
Lunch - ALT Avocado, Lettuce & Tomato with sprouts on Pumpernickel bread with Vegenaise
Dinner - Sunshine Burger, Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Applesauce Muffins
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan Recipes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
replacer for 1 large egg (1/2 tablespoon Ener-G mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
3/4 cup soymilk
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the first 5 ingredients together, and then add all the wet ones, mixing just until moistened. Fold in the raisins and then fill paper lined muffin tins full. Bake 20 minutes.

Makes 1 dozen


Mango Tango Smoothie
Adapted from Vegan Planet

1/2 large mango, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 banana

In blender container, blend mango and orange juice until smooth. Add banana and continue to process until smooth and thickened.


My rating for both recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment