Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Feast for One


Since Gerry is out of town at the moment, I decided I needed to have lobster (needed versus wanted). I have been craving lobster and it is one thing I can not enjoy with Gerry since it creates a health issue for him these days. I debated on having a lobster tail and did my research before going to the grocery store. My grocery store has a wonderful fish counter and I am rarely disappointed. My research indicated that most markets sell warm water lobster tails which you can visually tell by a colorful band along the tail and they usually cook up kind of mushy. I could tell at a quick glance that they had warm water lobster tails and so I steered clear of those. They always have a tank full of live lobsters and that is what I decided to go for. I timed my trip to the grocery store today so that they could steam my lobster for me while I did the rest of my shopping.

When I got home, I clarified some butter for dipping the lobster meat in and I toasted a few baguette slices drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with a cut garlic clove. I also made a simple salad of baby greens, chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado dressed with a light lemon vinaigrette. It was an absolutely wonderful meal.

I really don't have a recipe to share today since it was such a simple meal.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment