Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Meatless Monday Szechuan Noodles


When the girls asked for ideas for Mother's Day gifts, I quickly suggested any of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. Almost every recipe we try by Ina is delicious and I only have her Barefoot in Paris book. I now have 3 new additions to my cookbook collection.

Tonight's dinner came from the original Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and was superbly flavorful. It was quick and easy to make but you would never guess that by tasting it.

While the water was coming to a boil for the spaghetti, the sauce was made in a food processor consisting of garlic, fresh ginger, vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, hot chili oil, dark sesame oil, black pepper and cayenne pepper.

Once the spaghetti was cooked it was tossed with most of the sauce and tossed with sliced red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and scallions.

The rest of the sauce was available to add tableside.

This dish is what I love about Ina's recipes - simple, straightforward ingredients prepared without a lot of fuss!

Thanks girls - I'll be sure to share some of my favorites when you are home!

No comments:

Post a Comment