Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pancetta Green Beans

I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday today by simply doing the things that I love.  We moved to a new location yesterday in our motor home so we are in a wooded site by Lake Lewisville.  We have the benefit of a shady site and a view of the lake.  It is a very peaceful place to spend a few days.  I started my day with breakfast followed by 2 classes of Jazzercise (which is my absolute favorite work-out routine).  I stopped at my favorite grocery store for seafood and produce (Central Market) on my way back to our RV park and picked up sushi from the market for lunch.  I watched some Netflix after my shower and then spent a couple of hours outside reading on my Kindle. 

I decided it was the perfect day for a repeat performance of the Crab Cakes I had made back in July for dinner.  This is my absolute favorite crab recipe ever!!!  We had a side of Pancetta Green Beans to go with them which is another favorite recipe since I have made these twice in the past week.



Pancetta Green Beans
Makes 2 servings

1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
1 ounce pancetta, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and fill a bowl with ice cubes and cold water.  Toss the beans into the boiling water and cook just until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.  Drain, transfer to the ice-water bath, and cool for 2 minutes, drain and pat dry.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the pancetta and saute until frizzled and crisp, about 2 minutes.  Using a slotted spoon , transfer the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels and pat dry.  Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet.

Return the skillet to medium heat and add the butter.  When the fat is hot, toss in the beans and cook, stirring, until heated through.  Season with salt and pepper and stir in the pancetta.  Remove from the heat and drizzle the beans with a little oil.

From Around my French Table

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment