Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Hummus Dressed Salad

The salad I made for lunch today was so good and quick to prepare, I decided that's what I needed to blog about today.  I love to make hummus and often I don't quite finish it all.  This recipe is a great way to use up some of that hummus without using it as a dip or a spread on a sandwich.  Are you intrigued?  I simply thinned some of it out with water and used it as a salad dressing.  I don't know why I never thought of doing this.

We enjoyed a wonderful salad and I felt we were being quite healthy.



Hummus Dressed Salad
Makes 1 serving

2 tablespoons of your favorite hummus (I used homemade)
1/2 tablespoon water
2-3 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
1/4 red apple, chopped

In a small bowl, whisk together the hummus and water until well-combined.

Arrange the greens and salad toppings in a salad bowl.  Pour the hummus dressing over, toss and enjoy.

From Thefitcook.net

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment