Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Crawfish Etouffee

I had a little bit of crawfish left from Saturday night's dinner so I knew I wanted to make etouffee with it today. I have ordered this out many times but have never tried to make it at home. I love the instant access the Internet gives the home cook now when trying to find a recipe like this. I chose an Emeril recipe with good reviews and a high rating and I was very pleased how this came out.



Crawfish Etouffee
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse

1/2 stick butter
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/2 pound crawfish tails
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of cayenne
1 tablespoon fine chopped parsley
1 1/2 tablespoon chopped green onion

In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and saute until the vegetables are wilted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the crawfish, garlic and bay leaf and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the crawfish for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dissolve the flour in the water. Add to the crawfish mixture. Season with salt and cayenne. Stir until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley and green onions and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment