Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Sunday night dinner was all about slow cooked beef short ribs. I went back to my Red Wine and Cola Braised Short Ribs that I just love and I have made before. I also have already posted that recipe. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon to let these simmer away in the oven for 3 1/2 hours.

While the ribs were simmering away, I decided to make cookies and the thought of chocolate and peanut butter had my mouth watering. These are really a soft, chewy chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips. They turned out beautifully.



Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
10 ounce package Reese's Peanut Butter Chip

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition and add vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment